Change IP Addresses
Changing the IP address of a HeroEngine installation is a simple combination of routing systems administration and configuration file changes.
HeroEngine specific does not recommend hard-coding IP addresses in HE configurations, but there are occasions where this is advantageous or necessary.
HeroEngine specific changes
- Update any Machine_Specific.cfg file located in the %Program Files%\HeroEngine\FirestormDaemons folder, if it specifies an IP address instead of a domain name.
- Update any world configuration information in the Universe / World parameters, if it specifies an IP address instead of a domain name.
Systems Administration changes
- Update DNS entries.
- Update reverse IP address entries.
- LINUX: Update any /etc/hosts files hard-coded with the IP address.
- LINUX ORACLE: Do not change the host name.
- WINDOWS: Update any %WINROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts files hard-coded with the IP address.
- Purge DNS caches.
- Bring down the world.
- Update all information above.
- Bring up the world.